UVM Medical Center - Advanced Practice Leadership Job Opportunity
This announcement has 1 attachment:
University of Vermont Medical Center, Vermont’s academic medical center and founding member of the University of Vermont Health Network, seeks a Director, Advanced Practice Services.
The Director, Advanced Practice Services represents the advanced practice providers employed within the UVM Medical Center as a key member of the Medical Group’s operational leadership team. The incumbent also serves as a clinical resource for Advanced Practice Professionals (APPs) across the UVM Medical Center and as a subject matter expert to support operational leaders regarding APP practice. This individual works in collaboration with and in consultation to the medical staff, CNO, VP Medical Group Operations, Associate VP Operations (MD) and administrative and clinical leadership.
The Director, Advanced Practice Services provides oversight and direction in the following areas:
- The development and maintenance of Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation/Peer Review for Advanced Practice Providers.
- Provides subject matter expertise for licensing, credentialing, regulatory activities and payer contracts/compliance related to APPs.
- Best practice related to recruitment, onboarding and orientation.
- Identifying APPs to serve on organization wide committees and work teams.
- Provides consultative support to departmental leadership teams regarding APP practice issues.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with UVM College of Nursing and Health Sciences and College of Medicine to support student learners and ongoing education/professional development of workforce.
- Master’s Degree required.
- Graduate of accredited Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist Program, Nurse Midwife Program, Physician Assistant Program or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Program.
- Board Certified in clinical service and licensed in the State of Vermont.
Ideal candidate will have held a similar role leading an APP service within an Academic Medical Center. Minimum of 5 years working as an Advanced Practice Professional, minimum 1 year working in a leadership role.
To apply, use our online application system: www.uvmhealth.org/medcenter/Pages/Health-Careers/JobPostings
To apply directly to this role, Click Here.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package. We proudly offer a non-smoking work environment. The UVM Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protective veteran status.